C-A-T® Trainer Version
This fully functioning Gen 7 C-A-T® tourniquet is colored blue to identify it as a training device enabling instructors and trainees hands-on training & tourniquet application practice with a distinct visual means to distinguish training devices from personal/operational life-saving devices.
The CAT utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The CAT’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
The patented Combat Application Tourniquet® (C-A-T®) featuring the proprietary red tip design and the mechanical advantage of a band within a band has been the Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army since 2005. The innovations in the CAT are protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253.
- NEW Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Reinforced windlass rod with increased diameter for enhanced strength and aggressive ribbing for improved grip
- Bilateral windlass clip for rapid windlass lock and bilateral buttress for added strength
- Enhanced windlass strap sonic welded to clip for constant contact providing safe windlass security and a place to document the application time
- Reinforced stabilization plate with beveled contact bar
- Signature red elliptical tip (Red Tip Technology®) provides visual cue during application
- Patented free-moving internal band for true evenly distributed circumferential pressure
- Fully functioning C-A-T® tourniquet colored blue to identify it as a training device
- Enables instructors and trainees hands-on training & tourniquet application practice
- Providing a distinct visual means to distinguish training devices from personal/operational life-saving devices
- Protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253
- Packaged: L 6.5 in. x W 2.4 in. x D 1.5 in.
- Open Length: 37.5 in.
- Weight: 2.7 oz